UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Senior Systems Analyst – Data Management and Integration
Vacancy Announcement Number
Deadline for Applications
23 January 2018
HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent of this post reports directly to the Solution Architect. In accordancewith Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Act as a lead project manager and senior business systems analyst for the design, implementation, customization and maintenance of Agency software applications, mainly as relates to the area of Data Management and Integration;
· Conduct analysis, make written and oral presentations and proposals for new developments and changes to systems and application functions whose main purpose is to store, distribute and analyse data or to make different applications interact;
· Collect and document user requirements, detailed system and programme specifications;
· In coordination with the Project and Resources Manager, undertake the development and maintenance of the Data Management and Integration applications to which s/he is assigned, including developing project schedules, making assignments, providing guidance, reviewing and reporting;
· Prepare instruction manuals and other documentation for the systems and applications, develop training plans for users of the applications;
· Establish and enforce standards for data and application integration, in coordination with the Solution Architect.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science, business administration with a major in or focus on information technology, or other related discipline;
· Formal training in systems development tools and techniques;
· Six years' experience in the area of information systems applications development and implementation including five years at a senior level leading systems development and implementation efforts in business intelligence solutions;
· Proven experience in the use of data management and integration applications development, (i.e., Biztalk, WSO2, JMS, APIs), data warehousing concepts and relational database management systems specifically, MS SQL Server;
· At least 2 years of hands on experience in software development using Microsoft and Java environments (e.g. Developer Studio, Eclipse);
· Excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Ability to plan and organize the assignments;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Information gathering skills;
· Problem solving skills;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with user departments and work teams.
· Advanced degree in computer science or business administration;
· Experience in implementing data rehousing systems internationally and/or in conjunction with external consultants;
· Experience of application design and development in Microsoft and SAP environments;
· Certified Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, SAP certifications.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
The incumbent may be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 1,028.90 plus special occupation allowance of 50.82% of the basic salary. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 10 January 2018/RJ
وظائف شاغرة في وكالة الغوث - الانروا - لتخصصات الحاسوب براتب 1028 دينار
4/ 5Oleh Jobs