UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
MD Branch Operation Executive at Microfinance Department
for All Areas
Vacancy Announcement Number
UP 2 months, Extendable
Conditions of Service
This Contract (ISP) monthly salary is JD 1286
Microfinance\ Branch Offices
24 February 2019
Deadline for Applications
07 March 2019
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post is responsible to the Credit Operations Manager for operations and administrative matters and to the Accounts and Finance Officer for accounts and finance matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages the day-to-day branch operations, provides guidance, encourages team work, facilitates related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards;
· Reviews, verifies and recommends/approves the loans according to each product’s procedural manual;
· Is responsible for the cost-efficiency of his/her branch; sets targets for each product and oversees the work of Area Loan Supervisors to ensure achieving the set targets;
· Identifies and advises management of market changes that affects the Department’s operational activities for proper adaptation;
· Supervises the collection of the written-off portfolio through the proper legal follow-up and delegation to the Compliance Consultant to ensure efficient recovery of the delinquent loans;
· Oversees the finance, cashiering, accounts and administrative functions of the branch office to ensure sound management of the branch through the proper implementation of financial administrative procedures and guidelines;
· Is responsible for administration and security of the Branch Office which includes safety of cash and assets;
· Prepares monthly and periodic reports on branch office activities;
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· A university degree in Accountancy, Finance, Banking or Business Administration.
· Six years’ experience in management of cash transactions, banking, and credit or finance management.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
· Knowledge and understanding of microfinance;
· Ability to implement work plans and achieve management objectives;
· Ability to supervise and coach staff to achieve results-based targets;
· Ability to manage a Cost-Centre as a going-concern;
· Good communication and ability to negotiate and persuade staff;
· Ability to manage a complex team to meet their productivity and efficiency targets;
· Good computer skills and ability to work with spreadsheets.
· Post-graduate degree in Accounts, Banking or Finance.
· Knowledge of statistics and financial ratio analysis.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the concerned Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self-attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 24.02.2019
عـــــــــاجل : تعلن وكالة الغوث - الانـــــــروا - عن توفر وظائف شاغرة لتخصصات الادارة والمحاسبة برواتب لاتقل عن 1280 دينار
4/ 5Oleh Jobs