تعلن International Organization for Migration في عمان - الاردن عن حاجتها الى :
Information Management Officer
Position Title : Information Management Officer
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic (the), Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Kingdom of Eswatini, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Information Management and Technology (IMT) Officer, and in close coordination with the respective Project Managers for assigned information management (IM) activities and technical coordination with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Central Teams, the successful candidate will ensure the optimized use of IOM software solutions and be responsible for the analysis, development, deployment and maintenance of assigned IM activities and database solutions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Information Management Specialists and Assistants in the Information Management Unit, assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and providing training and backstop efforts as necessary; ensuring full compliance with ICT Standards while coordinating as necessary with ICT Central team for piloting of innovative software development solutions and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a streamlined process for software development, integration, deployment and support to ensure sustainability of software undertakings including the development and improvement of strategies for repository deployment, layered software defence, caching, concurrency, redundancy, active directory integration, software assurance, backup and recovery, as well as software maintenance.
- Provide software development guidelines on the design, enhancement, testing and deployment of IOM Jordan’s software portfolio as well as project management oversight for the software development team portfolio.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and various stakeholders in understanding business and proposing streamlined workflows during requirements analysis ensuring scalability and business continuity of database solutions.
- Develop systems and databases using industry standard design principles and patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability, while ensuring compliance to ICT Standards and coordination with ICT Central Team as required.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of reliable documentation (i.e. SOP kits) to track all aspects of the Country Office’s software development portfolio including applications’ server environment, business rules, database design, troubleshooting, user and technical manuals, and application installation and code deployment.
- Design, develop and implement reporting solutions to enhance the utilization of MiMOSA and other corporate software solutions using existing IOM standards, while providing feedback to ICT Central Teams on reporting improvement needs for corporate applications.
- Manage and implement application project plans, unit testing, release and support of Country Office databases and applications in a sustainable manner.
- Provide backstopping efforts to the Information Management and Technology (IMT) Officer on reporting regularly to Country Office managers on relevant IM activities, problems and solutions.
- Update staff under supervision of changes in workflow and/or procedures and conduct knowledge-transfer initiatives on application development, support and reports production as required.
- Represent IM Unit at relevant internal meetings and prepare briefings, trainings, background information and unit updates (as needed).
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Extensive experience in developing and deploying n-tier web-based applications using C,
.NET and software support and maintenance processes;
• Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Data analyses and reporting; of modular and scalable systems, and software development lifecycle;
• Experience in Agile principles, Timeboxing, Rapid Application Development, or similar software development methodologies;
• Experience in Project Management methodologies (certification in PRINCE2 or PMI an
• Experience in administering SQL database servers and/or using SQL queries and T-SQL
• Experience in developing and implementing visualization reports/dashboards with PowerBI
and SSRS 2012 Report Server;
• Previous work experience in the USRAP and/or working with the WRAPS and MiMOSA
• Familiarity with configuring Microsoft SharePoint, its web parts and creating workflows an advantage and,
• Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Katalon/Selenium, Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, etc. an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.p
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 March 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system
وظائف شاغرة لدى منظمة الهجرة الدولية IT
4/ 5Oleh Jobs