UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Drivers for All Areas
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed-Term Appointment for (applies to internal candidates on Fixed-Term contract only)
3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Grade 05 , Monthly Salary JD 456.8 fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency) and medical insurance. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Limited Duration Contract (applies to external candidates and internal candidates on LDC)
1 year, renewable; Appointment subject to funding confirmation
LDC: Band “B” the salary JD 492.600 Fills .
Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, annual leave & dependency allowance (if applicable).
30 April 2019
Deadline for Applications
13 May 2019
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent is responsible to Vehicle Control Officer and assigned to the concerned Dispatcher in the field.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures the incumbent should be
able to perform the following:
· Drives any assigned Agency Vehicle, as directed and within the limitations of local/international traffic laws and regulations and the type of vehicle registration and driving license held by him/her; ensures the safety of the vehicle, the passengers, freight and other road users; loads/unloads the assigned vehicle, as needed, and assists in moving and securing equipment/luggage as required;
· Ensures that his/her driving license, passport, visas and other travel documents are always valid; reports to his/her supervisor any traffic violation that may have an impact on his/her permission to operate a vehicle including off-duty; ensures that vehicle documents are always valid as per the relevant technical instructions, including vehicle serial numbers, registration data and mileage and crossing borders permits;
Oversees the maintenance of his/her assigned vehicle including daily basic check of oil, battery, brakes, water, tires and reports problems to supervisor ; ensures the cleanliness and good general condition of the vehicle inside and outside;
Adheres to the rules, regulations and procedures especially in case of accidents and accident reporting; should have detailed knowledge of police, emergency, road side service numbers and callout procedures;
Ensures proper application of rules and procedures of the Agency’s diplomatic pouch operations including the appropriate custody and protection of confidentiality during transit across borders; ensures that passengers are in possession of valid travel documents (UNLP, visa) before commencing trips; assists passengers in boarding and disembarking;
Based on specific assignments, the incumbent is required to adhere to the following responsibilities:
style="direction: ltr; text-align: left;"> - When driving a senior official (VIP), applies protocol issues related to flags, attendance at Government Ministries, Royal/Presidential Palaces, VIP/Senior Diplomatic protocols in use at border crossings and at Airports; acts as a member of the Close Protection Officers team assigned to high profile individuals/VIPs to ensure their safety and security and attends to the right stowage of items ensuring that there are no loose items in the assigned vehicle; provides first aid, if needed;
- When driving compactor/garbage collection vehicle, usually in congested and confined urban environments, maneuvers vehicles skillfully and safely to load/offload rubbish skips to the accumulated refuse at approved sites only; manages the compactor/garbage team crew and ensures their safety;
- When driving a freight vehicle, supervises loading and offloading operations to ensure safe stacking of goods and equipment for transportation; is responsible for the correct sheeting, stowing and securing of the load to minimize damage and theft in transit for reasons of environment (dust, heat/cold, water); is responsible for managing labor/logistics assigned teams ensuring their safety; attends to specificities of freight and safety measurements, such as goods like fuel, compressed gas and /or medical supplies;
- When driving a bus, takes the appropriate routes and plans, for long distances, the adequate stops at the appropriate facilities and manages the safety and welfare of passengers;
Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· Completion of secondary school education
· Valid driving license for all types of vehicles (that include but not limited to pick up’s, buses, trucks, garbage compactors and dumpers)
· Must possess basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance, inspection and fault reporting
· At least five years experience of driving different types of vehicles.
Ability to communicate in English and fluent in Arabic
· Persistent, polite and calm in stressful situations;
· Ability to establish a network of contacts at facilities used by the Agency, where tact and diplomacy are required.;
· Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
· Uses time efficiently and effectively;
· Keeps a client informed of progress against agreed timelines including any setbacks;
· Knowledge of processes and procedures at Ministries, Embassies, Consulates, commercial entities and similar locations when processing official Agency documents and correspondence;
· Specialized training in some or all of the following:
- Health and Safety.
- Transport of dangerous goods.
- Close Protection/Armoured Vehicle operation, evasion, ambush awareness, convoy driving techniques and general security awareness;
- Specific type training for specialist vehicles.
- First Aid Training.
- VHF/HF communications.
- Basic vehicle maintenance.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the concerned Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
· Based on the type of vehicle assigned, staff member may be paid an allowance as stipulated in relevant instructions.
· Depending on the vehicle assigned, drivers will be constantly busy, driving often in congested urban environments but with infrequent requirements to move bags and boxes in and out of cars. For specialised drivers the amount of driving may be interspersed with periods of intense physical work loading /offloading /supervising /lashing/ sheeting etc, outdoors and exposed to the elements. It will be expected that drivers will be physically fit and healthy enough to perform duties that will include physical labour.
· Staff member may be required to work outside normal working hours according to the needs of the Agency;
· All drivers will undergo an annual medical and optical check-up.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff is expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self-attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 30 April 2019
الانـــــروا بحاجة الى سواقين برواتب لاتقل عن 500 دينار
4/ 5Oleh Jobs