Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
You’ll be responsible of assuring the compliance of all local and imported products with the regulations applied in your country for the current and new products. You will be in charge on product registration submission and follows up with local authorities.
You represent Nestlé with local authorities and local food associations.
A day in the life of...
- Keep abreast of local and CODEX regulatory Knowledge
- Maintains & keeps up to date, a repository of the country specific regulations, with early escalation of new regulations within Nestle, to ensure compliance
- Provide input upon inquiry for I&R projects, and during project development to check the compliance with local regulations advise in case of any needed changes
- Consult with authorities to ensure compliance before giving feedback on projects and defend Nestlé's position
- Oversees and manages the end-to-end registration and re-newel process and authority approvals for any Nestlé product when needed
- Resolve RA-related issues as they arise and participate in crisis prevention and management with the local authorities
- Proactively engage and build relations with local Authorities with the objective of influencing activities with national authorities and national CODEX representatives
- Shape the regulatory environment by Influencing new regulations, based on Nestle position. Participate in advocacy activities in cooperation other departments
- Understand country specific regulatory trends. Raise early warning: probe for any trend or regulation in the pipeline that may affect the Company’s products or processes
- Enhance the regulatory network by participating in local related activities and attending meetings related to the regulations after the approval of the Head of Corporate Regulatory Affairs
- Organize workshops and conferences e.g. Food Safety Workshops, with the aim of strengthening Nestle's position in the country
What Will Make You Successful
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology, Nutrition, Pharmacy.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in regulatory related activities, previous experience in government is a plus.
- Must speak, read, and write in both English and Arabic.
- Developed communication skills.
- Strong ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Capable of taking initiative.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Demonstrated leading and influencing skills in a previous job