Job Title: Field Operations Assistant
Reports to: Field Operations Team Leader
Number of positions: 12
Start of Assignment: Immediately
Background Information – Job Specifics
JOHUD seeks to hire 12 Field Operations Assistants to implement day-to-day activities of a project funded by the World Food Programme (WFP), Provide nutrition-sensitive food assistance to refugees and other crisis-affected populations, Activity#1. The partnership between JOHUD and WFP focuses on supporting the delivery of unconditional assistance to refugees through cash-based transfers to meet their food and nutritional needs.
The Field Operations Assistant will ensure the smooth running for the help desks, communicating with People of Concern (POCs) about critical information related to food assistance modality, criteria and timeframe of the assistance, and will be reporting the progress and activities of the help desk on daily basis.
The first phase of the project will be for 6 months and subjected for extension upon fund availability.
- Running the day to day activities of the help desk, provide accurate information to people of concern, and answer their inquiries, receive complaints and feedback.
- Follow up with people of concern to ensure their issues were solved.
- Data collection for needed information, and logging data related to inquiries, feedback and complaints using WFP system and JOHUDs internal systems.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested by the line manager.
- Participate in in-kind/vouchers distribution.
- Support the team leader in providing quality services to people of concern in a timely manner.
- Attend regular meetings as requested by the line manager.
- Attend relevant trainings as requested by the line manager.
- Report incidents and refer cases for other JOHUD services as applicable.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, social science, project management or any relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience working within INGOs, NGOs and UN in the development sector.
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Johud’s code of conduct, child safeguarding and Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Excellent understanding of the refugee’s context in Jordan.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good command of English language.
Interested candidates residing in the north of Jordan are highly encouraged to apply.