Customer Services Officer
Location: Amman, Middle East and North Africa, JO
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust
between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture,
education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
To consistently deliver a high-quality customer experience to all customers meeting all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and to deliver Sales and Customer Relations services in order to enable the British Council to meet its business targets and objectives.
To demonstrate the attitudes, skills, behaviours and knowledge required by British Council customer service professionals in accordance with British Council customer service standards.
- Provide information to customers via face to face, telephone, social media and e-mail by being the main point of contact for enquiries handled by the Customer Services team
- Respond to all enquiries as per corporate standards and policies outlined in the Customer Management Framework
- Log enquiries and maintain statistics accurately as per the Q-matic report
- Meet individual and team targets set for Teaching Centre and Exams registrations
- Actively participate in conducting internal and external Mystery Shopping exercises and support the achievement of net promoter and scorecard results
- Collect feedback from customers actively and forward it to relevant stakeholders as required
- Act as Front-Line Duty Officer (FLDO) for customer service issues, dealing with complaints and incidents on daily rotational basis with other Customer Services officers. Ensure full coordination with other Duty Officers (TC), and premises manager, if needed
- Promote the sales of Examinations products including Examination based courses, with a primary focus on IELTS
- Ensure that relevant guidelines and policies are applied and followed in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
- Meeting and greeting customers, responding to questions,
- To answer all incoming calls through our call centre to corporate customer care standards
- Record all enquires on CRM system
- All enquires coming through F2F, Call center, info and Social media should be recorded on CRM system
Registration & Finance:
In line with the regional cash handling policy Customer Services Officer is required to:
- Register customers and to collect income received and transfer it accurately onto Finance and Business System (FABS) or other financial systems, to maintain records on the system and complete daily reconciliations
- Ensure that all income collected is reconciled and posted accurately in system
- Meet requirements of audit and financial reporting and any discrepancy is reported to line management within stipulated deadline
- Assist with day to day back-office administration of the Teaching Centre and Exams departments as required including verification & attestation of certificates.
- Administrative support is provided to Exams and Teaching Centre where data management, channels of communication SMS and Emails are sent to customers as per business needs
- Support departments like Exams, Teaching Centre, Projects and Services for International Education Marketing in managing events and exhibitions with the purpose of creating awareness and generating leads
Sales and Support to Business Growth:
- Support the business growth of Teaching Centre and Examination departments by achieving targets set out for the year
- Convert enquiries into sales by registering customers for the appropriate British Council service or activity to meet business targets, offering them proactive support to facilitate the process, inclusive of follow-ups
- Pro-actively cross sell and upsell British Council products and services to new and existing customers
- Administer speaking tests and offer consultation to new and existing Teaching Centre customers
- Close the sale to maximise enrolment and achieve targets
Training and development:
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Customer Services Department.
- Complete all mandatory training modules: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities & Diversity, Anti-Fraud, Identity Checks as required.
About You (essential requirements for the role):
- Relevant secondary school certificate or Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Fluent Arabic CEFR Level C
- English B2
- Experience in customer services including at least 6 months in sales
Desirable requirements for the role
- University Degree / Diploma in Sales
- Proven experience in cash collection and/or reconciliation
- Role: Customer Services Advisor
- Number of positions: 1
- Pay Band: BRC-4H
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Contract type: Fixed term contract local (1 year)
- Closing date: 21st June 2022 (23:59 Gulf Standard Time)
- Salary: 645.20 Jordanian Dinar
- Other: This role is open to candidates who are having right to work and located in Jordan
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.