Position: Data Entry Officer/ Clerk
We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into our
database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer
knowledge and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report
to a data manager or another senior data team member. Understanding of
data confidentiality principles is compulsory. The company will rely on
you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible
through a digital database.
• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
• Job Location: Amman, Jordan
• Job requirements:
- Experience: 0-2 years of Data Entry experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or relevant field.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Excel and Word with good knowledge documentation practices.
- Good in English.
- Good communications skills.
• Duties & Responsibilities
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or scanners and printers.
- Type in data provided directly as requested.
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
• Requirements and skills
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch-typing system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Basic understanding of databases and great attention to detail.
- Good command of English both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.