عن هذه الوظيفة
TITLE: Receptionist/Admin Assistant TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR& Admin LOCATION: Amman - Jordan GRADE: 7 CONTRACT LENGTH:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: The purpose of this role is to efficiently handle the front office reception area and to provide administrative support to Syria Response office and its staff. The post holder is responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- To ensure that the reception area remains tidy and organised.
- Answer calls, takes messages and pass them to the concerned staff accurately and immediately.
- To send/receive, record, copy and file all the incoming and outgoing faxes.
- Welcome guests and usher them to the right department/section/person.
- Update the office contact list on a regular basis and manage the fingerprint system for staff.
Accommodation/Travel and transportation arrangements:
- Arrange accommodation for new staff and visitors starting from hotel
booking in (Amman and Beirut) to checking housing availability and
ensuring that accommodation is appropriately equipped with the needed
supplies as necessary, in addition to preparing POs and following up on
related invoices and payments.
- Responsible for all transportation arrangements of SRO staff and
visitors from/to the airport in Amman and Beirut, update the
transportation tracking sheet in accordance with flight and share it
with the service provider, in addition to following up on related
invoices and payments.
- Provide full support needed for the internal TAR to all SRO new staff and visitors.
- Share welcome email with SRO new staff and visitors.
- Create IDs and Business cards for new joiners & visitors and to renew SRO staff IDs on a yearly biases.
- Facilitate the booking of SRO meeting rooms.
- Tracking and checking the availability of SRO stationery, kitchen
consumables stocks and raise purchasing requests/ purchase orders to
order new items when needed.
- Support the Admin Coordinator in following up on the Office & guest house maintenance.
- Prepare and track utilities payments for SRO office and all guest
houses such as lease agreements and monthly bills such as electricity,
water, internet bills, etc..
- Support SCI staff in getting Covid-19 test appointments.
- Being the focal point between SRO and the cleaning company, ordering
missing cleaning items and assist the admin coordinator in managing
cleaners and monitor their performance in the office and guesthouses.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources
efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their
responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way
they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance
and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team,
takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages
their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 0-2 years ofexperience in a relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and Arabic.
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office) and ability to do internet based research
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude